Tradition

When my siblings and I were young, every year on our birthdays, my parents would always wake up early to cook a big batch of birthday noodles for our family and friends. Before they go to work, the noodles will be packed and ready to be delivered to my relatives' houses. This tradition went on for a few years until we moved to a different city. Then we immigrated to a new country.  

Recently feeling nostalgic, I made a request to my parents to revive the tradition. So here's what my parents cooked up: hokkien style birthday noodles and oyster pancake -- both recipes passed down along the generations.

Hokkien style birthday noodles with quail eggs, peanuts, and fried onions

Oyster pancake

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At the mercy of hurricane Sandy

This is 40!

Supporting through thin but not through thick