Origins

It might seem odd that I entitled this blog "Mountaineering" or go by the twitter handle mountaineer10. I don't particularly like climbing mountains. Rather, the name came from a show I liked called Alias where the heroine, Syndey Bristow, a double agent, went by the code name mountaineer.

Initially I used the alias to set up a twitter account to play around with that doesn't have any obvious connections to me. But fast forward to present day, I actually like and use twitter now, so I've made my twitter identity known to the general public. Thus, the name has stuck.

But maybe it's not a bad name. After all, life can be thought of as a constant journey uphill, like climbing a mountain, where we all are mountaineers. I'm just another one of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At the mercy of hurricane Sandy

This is 40!

Supporting through thin but not through thick